So I am thinking of trying a new feature and calling it either “Sometime-food Sundays” or “Sinful Sundays”, where I feature the amazing pancakes that I make for breakfast. We try to eat so well during the week, that I like to make up for it all in one meal 🙂
This past week, we did a spin on traditional blueberry pancakes.
The night before you want to make these, freeze 4 ounces (or half a block) of creamcheese.
You can start with your usual pancake base (this recipe is actually adapted from BettyCrocker.com which called for Bisquick mix… if that is your usual, here’s the original recipe)
In addition to the basic recipe you will need 2 sheets of graham crackers, the frozen cream cheese, and 1-1.5 cups of fresh blueberries
- Crush graham crackers into crumbs
- Cut frozen cream cheese into bite size pieces
- Add graham cracker crumbs, cream cheese pieces, and a cup of blueberries to the basic batter and cook as usual
- Make syrup by pureeing 1/2 c blueberries in a food processor. Pour 1/4c water and 1/4c sugar into a sauce pan and boil until sugar disappears. Add blueberry puree and reduce to a simmer. Simmer until slightly reduced.
- Stack pancakes on a plate and top with syrup and some fresh blueberries
Warning, this breakfast will make your kids very sticky and even sweeter than they already are 🙂
I hope you try this and I hope you love it! I’d love to hear your opinion… so be sure to leave me a comment! Have a great weekend!