The recipe is pretty much off of the side of the Rice Crispies box, we just used the caramel marshmallows instead of the regular ones.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 bag of Caramel Vanilla marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy cereal (we used Rice Crispies)
- Spray a 9x13in pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan. When completely melted, add the whole bag of marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat and add crispies. Stir until mixed completely and spread into the prepared pan.
- When cool enought to handle, press down on the crispies to get a flat surface (I use a small piece of parchment paper so the crispies don’t stick to my hand).
If you can leave well enough alone, you can cut your Rice Crispy Treats into squares and enjoy. If you are me, you can unwrap half a bag of caramels, and melt them with a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of water. When melted pour and spread the caramel over the pan of treats, chill, then cut into squares and enjoy. OR if you are me and you are getting carried away, you can melt a cup of dark chocolate chips and (in a separate bowl) a hand full of orange candy melts. Then spread the chocolate over the caramel, spoon the candy melts into a piping bag, cut the corner off and pipe a spiral onto the chocolate and use a toothpick to drag the orange through the chocolate to create a web. Let this chill for a little while.
In all reality, though. I think the next time I make Rice Crispy treats with the flavored marshmallows, I will either use white chocolate or leave the chocolate off entirely. The dark chocolate (I use Ghirardhelli’s 60% Dark) is very overpowering.
I also bought the pumpkin spice flavored marshmallows, and we have plans for those later this month. Have you seen any of the fun flavors that are out right now? Any plans for them yet?
I’m linking this post up at Hugs and Cookies XOXO Wonka Wednesdays!