As much as I love the crispness in the air as summer turns into fall, and the bright red, orange, and gold leaves against the clear blue sky, and the excitement up and down the street as kids emerge from their homes eager to show off their Halloween costumes and fill up their bags with candy, I just can’t bring myself to get excited over the Pumpkin Spice Latte.
I have nothing against it. I can’t help the fact that I am a straight up coffee drinker. Black coffee, please. But, if I’m going to indulge in a coffee drink, it’s going to be a peppermint mocha.
So we’re running out the door in about five minutes to grab a quick dinner then head over to a party. And I’m bringing these. Before we leave, I wanted to share the recipe just in case you need to bring something to a party this weekend. Because these are so good and and so easy to make!
Peppermint Mocha Cookies
- 1 Stick of butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 oz chocolate (I used 5 mini Hershey’s Bars because that was all I had in the house) melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1/4c all purpose flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp espresso powder
- 1 small bag of Candy Cane MnMs
- Preheat oven to 375*. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- In stand of mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and the two sugars.
- Add the melted and cooled chocolate and beat continuously until incorporated.
- Add the egg, beat. Then add the extracts and beat again.
- Add in the flour, salt, baking soda, and espresso powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Beat in the MnMs. Really crush them up. If you want to, you can crush them before adding them by placing them in a plastic bag and rolling over them with a rolling pin.
- Scoop dough with a tablespoon measure onto the lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes, then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.