Like this Santa sled from the Santa/sled/reindeer three pack. To me it looks like an old fashioned candle holder and I thought those would make some cute place card cookies for your Holiday table. So, roll out your dough, and cut out the sleds. Cut out a candle and use the candle cutter to cut a notch from the sled. Place the candle inside and bake the cookies. Let them cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Gold icing in piping and flood consistency (This is a mixture of Americolor egg yellow, and Americolor gold)
- Red icing in piping and flood consistency
- Green very stiff icing
- Gold airbrush color, Gold luster dust, and/or Wilton’s Color Mist in gold. (Optional)
- Yellow Edible Glitter (Optional)
- Out line the candle holder in gold and the candle in red.
- Flood the candle holder and allow it to dry. Flood the candle and allow the whole thing to dry completely.
- When you flood the candle, you can either flood the whole thing, then after it dries, add dripping wax details. Or you can flood it in sections to add dimension.
- Using the gold piping icing, add a flame, and immediately pour on a little edible glitter to make the flame sparkle.
- Use gold piping icing to add scrolls and a name (or message).
- If you want, spray lightly with gold airbrush color, Wilton Color Mist in Gold, or brush with gold luster dust.
- Use the very stiff green icing and the red piping icing to add a little sprig of holly.
So, it’s getting close to Christmas! Five more days! What’s on your wish list? Are you baking anything I should know about?